FAQ / SAQ
Everyone's heard of “Frequently Asked Questions. But have you ever heard of “Should Ask Questions”? That's what this page is all about. Following are some very powerful questions you should ask any pool contractor you speak with. These will give you excellent insights as to whether you are dealing with a reputable and trustworthy contractor or someone who is going to leave you severely disappointed, with a lot less money in your pocket.
1) POOL COMPANY INFO? Are you the owner/salesman of the pool company? How long have you been in business? Are you a member of BBB or Chamber Of Commerce?
2) SUPERINTENDENT OF CONSTRUCTION? : Who will oversee the construction of the pool? What's his name? How often will he be here? Whom do I call when I have a question about the pool? What's his name?
3) HOW IS THE POOL Built? How many subcontractors will there be in my pool construction? What is the best way (steel/concrete) to build a pool in Houston soil?
4) THE EQUIPMENT? What kinds of filters, motors, and heaters are the best? How many jets can I have in my spa? What is the warranty on the equipment?
5) TIMELINE? How long will it take to build my pool? What is the average time it takes, why?
6) REFERRALS? Would you give me names and numbers of 5 folks you have built pools for in the last 5 years?
7) POOL SCHOOL? Will you balance the water after it is filled the first time? What does balance include? Will someone show me how to take care of the pool water/operate the equipment?
8) ALL BILLS PAID? Will I get a release at the end of the construction showing that everyone has been paid?
9) WARRANTY INFO? On pool shell, plaster, tile & coping ...etc. etc.?
10) ASK YOU WIFE WHO SHE WAS MOST COMFORTABLE WITHIN THE POOL INTERVIEWS: Women are many times better judges of character than men. Men get involved with how and the cost of the construction of a pool. She may surprise you.
If you have any other questions, please call us anytime at (713) 725-1388. Or use our online webform.